What is a Class 3 Firearm?

what is a class 3 firearms license

What is a Class 3 Firearm?

What is a Class III Firearms License? Many people have heard of the Federal Firearms License (FFL) and Class IV, but they are not the same thing. The FFL is what you can purchase from a licensed dealer; while the IV is what you can obtain by going through an NFA approved NFA branch. An NFA Branch is one which has applied for and received its approval to be in business. The process of getting your class license however is quite different than what you would go through to get an FFL. You can find out more about obtaining your FFL or your Class III Firearms License by visiting the U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms website.

In order to obtain your special occupational license to own, ship or receive FFLs, you will need to go through an accredited dealer. There are many types of dealers, which can help you obtain your license. You can use one that offers the service that you are looking for, or you can use one that specializes in NFA items. If you choose to use a dealer that specializes in FFL’s, you will need to pay a fee. This fee is non-refundable.

Your FFL class license is only valid for five years. After your five year period of validity, if you wish to apply for another FFL, you will need to reapply. Once you receive your special occupational license to own firearms, you are still required to take a test every five years before you are allowed to obtain a certificate of eligibility. Some areas require this test to ensure that dealers are following all of the guidelines, and others simply make it a prerequisite for obtaining a license.

If you wish to own one special firearm, such as a pistol, you will need to get a Class 3 firearms license. To get your license, you will need to go to an address provided by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms (ATF) with a completed application. There is no fee to apply for your special class firearms license. Once you have submitted the completed application, fingerprints will be sent to the local FBI office for storage.

Once you have a class license, you will be able to buy and sell firearms like silencers. However, there are some restrictions. Only dealers will be allowed to purchase and sell Class 3 firearms like silencers. Anyone purchasing a firearm in other states without a special license cannot possess one within their state. Even if they possess a previous special license, they can still be prosecuted for violating the new laws regarding firearm sales.

The sale and purchase of a special occupational item like a silencer is regulated by the same types of laws that regulate firearms. If you wish to purchase a firearm from a dealer, the dealer must have an FFL license. If you wish to purchase a silencer, you will need to obtain a class firearm license.

Related Post